Monday, January 21, 2008

Blast From The Past

I am making wedding invitations for a friend of mine and while looking for some examples to show her I ran across a box that I have kept letters and cards in for the last several years. It was amazing to me what all I found in there. There were letters from people that I haven't spoken to in years, letters from people that I used to be SO close to, letters from people that I'm pretty sure hate me now! It's just crazy to be able to go back in time like that. To remember things that I was going through based on the responses friends made in their letters to me. It's also crazy to think about how much things change! Daniel & I have been together for almost 9 years and some of these letters were from the very start of that ( I think some may actually pre-date our relationship!)

I'm a self proclaimed pack rat, but I'm glad that there are some things that I keep. Sometimes we just need a box of memories to remember who our real friends are and who have been there for us all of our lives. Sometimes it's good just to remind ourselves that even though we may make mistakes and be slacker friends that there are people out there who love us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

True dat! I did this a couple of weeks ago, and your right on sista! I found all of those letters that we wrote back and forth while I traveled! We were crazy close! I miss that, but I know that the distance thing, and the having a family thing plays into it.But I love you just as much today, as I did in the beginning of our relationship! Just wanted you to know that.